Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Made this with Malcolm today.  I'm feeling really down and wondering how art can be a response to what is happening in the world. Especially when you don't really make socially charged art?  Art asks questions and so do my kids.... a lot of them.   Strolling through social media I'm painfully struck by images of kids being separated from their parents at the border and can't imagine the pain of what is happening.  In talking to my oldest about the situation he became so affected by the idea, the conversation grew into a talk about how he could make a difference.  He's 8! He wants to tackle the world.  More power to him! =-)  So in thinking about this I wanted to create something with him today.  A fence, seeking, separation, frustration, touch and peeking.

 "Little Fence Vignette"

Choreography by Roxann Morgan Rowley 

Music by Roxann Morgan Rowley & Malcolm Rowley