Sunday, June 3, 2018

Under the Lemon Tree

It been a while ....


Working on new pieces, dance, choreography and film involving my life with my lemons AKA my kids.  My kids inspire these projects as I look at their sweet and sour,  layers of their personalities as well as my feelings of letting them go and pushing them to move forward.

Under the Lemon Tree is a choreographic piece I've been working on since the fall. It's gone through various stages in performance and this is the newest one performed on June 2 at the Next Reflex Dance Collective Concert at the Workhouse Arts Center in Lorton , VA.  I feel like this piece is still evolving so more to come.  This footage is from the Live Feed on Facebook.

My long time music collaborator and friend Nate Masters, crafted the music for the work .  It is also evolving as the choreography changes overtime. Check out this work below.