Monday, September 3, 2018

Lemons In Summer

So it's the end of summer but I did have a chance to make a short summer montage that was used in a performance with my music partner Nate Masters. The performance was part of "Thing A Day," a project designed by Nate Masters to entice artists to make a thing a day.  So everyday in June we challenged ourselves to make a work of art a day.  I loved this idea of making something even if it failed everyday.  I want to say I contributed everyday but really it was only a few times through out the month, but the exercise was worth it.  The "Thing A Day" artists put together a show in Newport News, VA on August 18 and showcased several artists that had contributed to the project.  I put together my performance in one day , so was truly a "Thing A Day" project.  Below is footage of the performance as well as Summer Lemons.  My son Malcolm Rowley made the music that accompanies the video.

I can't believe the summer is over. Will be uploading a new Lemon Story to celebrate back to school.